Friday, August 30, 2019

"The Old Walking Song" by Tolkien Ensemble

10 years in Poland

Ten years ago as a seventeen years old boy with a big bag I came to Poland as a student. First time culturally outside of my own country, full of curiosity and romanticism I walked the street, enjoyed the city landscapes, old parks, technological level of daily life (as paying by card, riding new buses, shopping in huge malls). I've started this blog to keep a contact with people from Belarus, used the new position of solitude to comprehend my heart and mind.
Many things have changed after that period, but there are also those which stay: the choices to grow, to love, to be honest with self. Those three do not allow me to stay in one place, and as it goes in the song

The Road goes ever on and on,
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can!
 
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
 
The Road goes ever on and on,
Out from the door of where it began.
And now far ahead the Road has gone,
Let others follow it who can!
 
And let them a journey new begin,
But I at last with weary feet
Will turn towards the lighted inn,
Evening-rest and sleep to meet.
 
Is it a new Road or a secret gate?
The day will come at last for me,
When I shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon and East of the Sun.